View Single Post
Old 03-18-2019, 12:19 AM   #1
zackhogan1994
Draft Pick

Default Where to meet girls in Calgary (early 20s guys) -REPOST, WITH MORE INFO-

Hey, everyone!

I work at a warehouse from Monday to Friday, and I'm through using the apps, and it seems i don't hear a lot going on in Calgary much these days in the way of social events?

What's a good way to meet girls, and find ones to date, in Calgary on the weekends?

I am re-posting this.... because I feel it would be useful for me to add some more information.

HERE IS THAT MORE INFORMATION

I am 24, like I said. I only work, don't go to school, and it's pretty much get up, go to work, come home, go to bed: from Monday to Friday.

Saturday and Sunday... every weekend I say I'm gonna go make those two days count.... but I in turn find that very difficult to actually do.

I don't have huge social circles, and I find that when I have hooked up with a girl from a dating app, it doesn't work too well.

I'm socially awkward (which you would never guess from typing... I'm VERY SOCIAL on the computer), so when we meet up.... they're shocked at how hard it can be for me to hold down a conversation.

I have also, and this is a VERY IMPORTANT POINT, gotten along much better with older people than people my own age, so I find it hard to relate to them. They seem very immature to me, even to some extent: the friends I do have.

I have been diagnosed with ASD, so that's probably why.

And on the apps, I seem to often attract 18 or 19 year olds for some reason, which is odd. And the couple times I have met up with them, just too immature.

I'm into things like collecting vinyl records, and I love supporting Canadian music,

I am into craft beers, love them a lot.

I write folk music, often in the style of Stompin' Tom Connors, my Canadian idol.

I have a lot of very specific interests, and I just am a whiz at talking to girls online when I do get them, but in person I am often a wreck.

I don't know what to do.

Dads and comedians, PLEASE DO NOT comment. I want ACTUAL advice here.

I am looking to expand my social circles, and maybe find summer love this summer.

I say I'm gonna change things every year, but then they remain very similar.

I want to REALLY make this year the one I do something.

Where do I go to comfortably meet up, start conversations, etc?

People tell me go to Cowboy's or Knox, but I find those people too immature. Always have.

Anyone else had this struggle? I have a feeling the struggle is real.

I hope someone can read this and understand that, the struggle IS real.

I'm just looking for suggestions, for anyone who might know.

I hope my question makes sense.

Thanks!

Last edited by zackhogan1994; 03-18-2019 at 12:37 AM.
zackhogan1994 is offline   Reply With Quote