View Single Post
Old 12-26-2018, 05:04 PM   #61
CaptainYooh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
So you’re ok with someone driving drunk if they can manage the vehicle? If they aren’t doing anything suspicious, it’s all good? Not everyone who drives drunk is swerving around or have someone phone them in, so they should be free to continue their drive home until they screw up, yes?...
See, you are inserting presumed axioms; that's not a good debate tactic. "Someone driving drunk" is not something that is absolute in definition. "Someone driving with alcohol concentration above the currently legislated limit" would be more accurate. And no, I am not cool with it. Just like I am not cool with someone concealing a machine gun, or a bag of fentanyl for sale to teenagers. You must be able to see the striking similarities in approach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
Not at all. I’m on the side that believes this is a very minor loss of personal freedom for what amounts to a greater overall benefit to society. It doesn’t have to be all or nothing, Orwell vs Lawless utopia. It’s ok to actually discuss an issue with nuance and talk about this issue for what it is (you might have to take a breathalyser when you’re driving) than blow it into some grand loss of democracy.
Democracies are rarely lost at once. It is usually a step-by-step irreversible process.