View Single Post
Old 01-16-2018, 02:52 PM   #222
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlpineOracle View Post
I’m not even crapping on Granderson the player, I’m crapping on the fact that this has zero strategic direction. Looks like Rogers will not accept a full rebuild in their last few years of ownership to me. Ride this cash cow into the sunset. Refuse to break budget when you are almost at a World Series Level and then refuse to rebuild when its clearly obvious your window has closed. Just frustrating as a fan. MLSE buying this franchise can’t come quick enough. May not spend as much as Rogers but at least they will have a real baseball strategy and follow it without deviation.
They have a strategic direction - and it's quite simple - be profitable and make money. Sadly winning a World Series may or may not fit that strategic direction, and blowing it up and tanking doesn't help that in the short term.

As a fan it sucks since you want your team to be a winner but sadly when a team is owned by a publicly traded company and not just a billionaire with deep pockets that is what happens.

They have a board of directors to answer to and being profitable is a big part of that.

Also you do know that MLSE is 37.5% owned by Rogers and 37.5% owned by Bell...so if MLSE buys it not much might change much from a day to day operations perspective outside of Rogers & Bell consolidating all the Toronto sports franchises under one branch.

Last edited by SuperMatt18; 01-16-2018 at 02:55 PM.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote