View Single Post
Old 02-28-2021, 02:00 AM   #117
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
Tigers foundation isn't just about donations for tax write offs, he spends up to 6 weeks a year of his time traveling all over the country on it, Forbes has named his foundation #1 for transparency and money donated for celebs for many years. The guy simply does a lot of good for kids on a personal level.

Seems silly to call him a cheap ######bag over what could have been some sort of mistake or misunderstanding
well two points, first I didnt say he was a cheap ###### I just said he could be one, and secondly I would expect his charity to be nothing less than top notch, the Livestrong Foundation is peerless and has helped hundreds of thousands of cancer patients but even Lance Armstrong has admitted he was a ###### (and for the record I love Armstrong and think he was screwed).

Top notch athletes have top notch charities, it is part of the job, at a certain point in their career their manager and PR team tell them its time for a charity, it is priceless publicity, a massive PR win, a tax write off and can be played as a hugely useful part of damage control if someone is caught doping or whoring, Tiger Woods is a brand, he makes his money selling things, good PR is a huge part of that.
afc wimbledon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to afc wimbledon For This Useful Post: