View Single Post
Old 03-29-2024, 12:59 AM   #456
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern2814 View Post
Not really - RBs don’t last very long, that’s why they’re perceived bad value (although I don’t know why - you’re getting a RBs best years at a capped rookie deal, more teams should draft them high and let someone else pay them their big contract)

Tij Iginla could easily play here 15 years+ and retire a Flame.

And while I agree with the need to add some elite young centres, let’s not pretend they don’t need to add elite young everything else.

So if the winger’s ceiling is Jarome Iginla (and it is) we take him. We’re not gonna stop sucking next year, or the year after that. Probably not even the year after that. We can add centres with other selections.

We took Tkachuk at six ahead of Clayton Keller, Tyson Jost, Michael McLeod and Logan Brown because he was better than all those guys despite playing a less premium position.

Unless we wanted to reach for Tage at six and wait until last year to be right about him, there were no centres remotely competitive with Matthew Tkachuk.

Are we really gonna take Konsta Helenius ahead of Tij Iginla because he plays centre?

I think not.
The funny part about all this center talk is unless Tij somehow makes the NHL as a fresh 18 year old next season he'll go back to Kelowna and likely will play as their #1 C.

And if he is good enough to make the NHL at barely 18 I doubt anyone cares if he can play center or not. It would mean he's a beauty.
Snuffleupagus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Snuffleupagus For This Useful Post: