View Single Post
Old 07-23-2019, 12:46 PM   #957
JTech780
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I think you move Hudson and Sogard for whatever assets you can get at this point, both are found money.

I would probably lump Smoak into that group as well, though I wouldn't be totally opposed to bring him back. His defense will make a big difference when you look how young and inexperienced the rest of the infield is with Vladdy, Bichette and Biggio, having Smoak over there to cover their mistakes would make a big difference. Plus who knows if Tellez can hit enough to keep him in the bigs.

I think you need to get high end arms for Stroman and Giles. The Jays have a few middle to the bottom end of the rotation guys in the system but no top end arms in the system, maybe Pearson and Pardinho, but they are still a ways away, and I am not convinced that Peasron can be starter and not wear his arm out.

The Jays have to sit on Sanchez for another year and hope to get his game back. If they weren't so desperate for starters I would suggest putting him in the bullpen, where his fastball/curveball combo would be much stronger.
JTech780 is offline   Reply With Quote