View Single Post
Old 02-05-2021, 01:40 PM   #48
N-E-B
Franchise Player

Exp:

Talking about firing coaches every year is getting old. I don’t think Ward is outstanding but at this point I think it’s just lazy to argue that he’s the reason they’re failing.

How about the fact that Bennett, Leivo, Nordstrom, and Simon (so 25% of our forwards assuming 3 of them play every night) have combined for a whopping 2 points this season? Even Lucic has 3 points. Or what about the cliff that Gio and Backlund decided to jump off this year?

Bottom line for me is that while the coach might not be great it still comes down to the players, and I think this year the depth players have failed miserably. None of the new forwards have contributed anything even remotely positive to the team.

So if the players aren’t good enough who do you look at? The players, obviously, but I think you put Treliving on the hot seat before Ward. It might be time to consider that Treliving has taken the team as far as he can. A fresh set of eyes may be beneficial. And I say this as someone who likes Treliving and overall would consider his body of work to be good.
N-E-B is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to N-E-B For This Useful Post: