View Single Post
Old 11-09-2020, 07:50 PM   #1110
pylon
NOT Chris Butler

Exp:

Back in the summer, while I was still in CP self exile, I had to deal with putting down dear Molly, my Wiener Dog of 14 years. I can't lie, losing her, having to make the decision, and deal with the loss was actually harder than some people I have known, and lost.

This is the thing with me, and any dog I've ever had. Myself included, there isn't a person I know, that I can't say "Well....they kinda did some ####ty things along the way...." A dog, they are a part of your world, but to them, you ARE their world. They live to please you, be with you, and nothing makes them happier than seeing you. They have the mystical ability to cheer you up when you are sad, and just petting her lowered my heart rate when I was stressed. What's the worst Molly ever did? Chew up a few phone charging cables? Eating an entire bag of cheese popcorn that was left on the coffee table and costing me $300 to get her stomach pumped?

Molly was cruising along like a champ, and turned downhill in an instant. She was 14, and still acted like a puppy. What I didn't know, was she had an aggressive tumor on her liver, and in a blink, she went from charging around my parents back yard, to yelping in pain, and less than 48 hours later, the humane thing needed to be done. When the Vet called, she asked, "Would you like to be here, or should we just go ahead with it?" I couldn't ever imagine, not being there for her, after all she had been there for me and my family.

After it was done, I asked the Vet, "You asked me if I wanted to be here, is there people that actually abandoned their pet in the final moments?" She expressed to me, about half of people do exactly that. I read a lot on the topic in the days that followed, and the stress, confusion and fear that puts a domesticated animal through..... it's just wrong.

So please, even if you don't cope well with death, just get through that uncomfortable moment, and allow your pet pass on in the company of the one thing that matters to them more than anyone.... you. The gifts they give us are such a small price to pay.

After a few months of grieving, we decided to move on and brought Ruby the Wiener Dog into our lives, and the first thing I promised her, is no matter what, I will be with her until the very end to.

RIP Molly, you were amazing, and even though someone else is filling your little shoes, you won't be forgotten, and you were the best dog I ever had.
pylon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to pylon For This Useful Post: