Thread: Golf!!!2!
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2018, 02:58 PM   #1490
J pold
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleK View Post
Can you say a little bit more about what exactly you are after, I might be able to give you a bit more direction.

I'm assuming you are an avid golfer if you've pulled the trigger on a membership.

Calgary doesn't really have an elite level custom golf shop. Closest is in Vancouver... Check out Modern Golf.

I've been to Hot Stix in Phoenix about 5 years ago for a driver fitting. It cost about $100 US and lasted a couple hours. They measure you up and get you to hit your current driver a few times on a Trackman. You then get to hit their optimum set up for you. If you buy from them they credit you the fee against your purchase. If you truly are after the bleeding edge exotic stuff, you will have to travel. And it's not cheap. I'm talking $1000 for a current model with a custom shaft.
Thanks – mainly what I need is new irons but depending on costs I may just setup and get new woods/wedges. I got a decedent putter a few years ago so I am good there. I’d say I’m a golfer…maybe not “avid”. I played 22 rounds last year but it was a super busy summer with weddings etc. This year I’m hoping to play around 40 rounds. I’m a about a 16 handicap.

The clubs I have now are Cobras about 10 years old and off the self. They are in decent condition but I’ve been wanting something new/fitted for a few years and now is the time. I don’t care much for any particular brand but do want something of quality. I don’t want to blow my brains out on price either. Ideally under 3K for irons/woods if possible.

Does that help? Really appreciate your insight. I’m going to be in Vancouver next weekend and might make an appointment with Modern Golf.
J pold is offline   Reply With Quote