Thread: Golf!!!2!
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2018, 12:35 AM   #1488
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by J pold View Post
Bump - just ordered my annual membership at the Winston. Really excited to be back after being an intermediate member a few years back.

Another question - does anyone recommend a place for getting new fitted golf clubs in Calgary? My clubs are 10+ years old and off the shelf. I've been told they are far too short me (I'm 6'5). I'm fine with paying a higher price for custom fitting and quality that will last me another 10 years. Anyone have any advice? Thanks!
Can you say a little bit more about what exactly you are after, I might be able to give you a bit more direction.

I'm assuming you are an avid golfer if you've pulled the trigger on a membership.

Calgary doesn't really have an elite level custom golf shop. Closest is in Vancouver... Check out Modern Golf.

I've been to Hot Stix in Phoenix about 5 years ago for a driver fitting. It cost about $100 US and lasted a couple hours. They measure you up and get you to hit your current driver a few times on a Trackman. You then get to hit their optimum set up for you. If you buy from them they credit you the fee against your purchase. If you truly are after the bleeding edge exotic stuff, you will have to travel. And it's not cheap. I'm talking $1000 for a current model with a custom shaft.