View Single Post
Old 08-23-2017, 01:24 PM   #7
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackArcher101 View Post
Is there a place to get the actual hard facts? Every time I hear the story of what is happening, there always seems to be a change or contradiction on both sides.
Yes. I should have posted this first. The midfield park website has about ten years of news stories regarding this issue...

http://www.midfieldpark.ca/news.html

I was going to quote a few of the articles but there are so many. You can get a good idea of what's really going on by reading some of the 2014 articles where Nenshi is promising they have three years to find an acceptable solution for people and that no one should be worried about being kicked out of their home without compensation. There's also basic fact sheets about what you need to do to get your 10k plus 10k and how to get rid of your trailers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
No one is taking their trailers though. They are basically getting $20 000 to move their trailers elsewhere. I don't think they ever owned the land, did they? Does $20 000 sound fair for that? I dunno. Does the city have any obligation at all to them?
It's not really fair. The first 10k is for the value of the trailer. The second 10k is for providing a clean and vacant lot. Some of the double wides would cost more than 10k just to get rid of. And also some of the trailers are still fairly expensive. People have 40k mortgages outstanding on them so the banks are willing to lend on that value. The catch is there is really no vacancy in parks around Calgary even if you could move them.

Last edited by OMG!WTF!; 08-23-2017 at 01:27 PM.
OMG!WTF! is offline   Reply With Quote