View Single Post
Old 11-11-2020, 01:00 PM   #1
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:
Default 2020 Fantasy Football

So we don't clog up the NFL thread, I'll create this one for anyone who's crazy enough to play Fanatasy Football this year.

I have a garbage team, but due to some pretty unbelievable luck, my record is 6-3. I could easily be 8-1 if not for Lamar Jackson doing his spud from Trainspotting impression the two weeks I ended up going against an opponent who had Patrick Mahomes go off which resulted in two losses by a combined 2.7 points. That said, I've had 112 fewer points scored against me than any other team in the league, a different schedule and I could be 1-8.

I was offered a trade of Calvin Ridley for Josh Jacobs.

12 team League with 2 RB's, 2 WR's and 3 Flex positions, and it's a 1 point PPR league. If you can win 7 games you typically end up in the playoffs. This week again, I appear to have horse shoes if run CMC is out as my opponent has him, plus a bevvy of Chiefs players who just happen to be off this week.

My other current running backs are
Miles Saunders injury prone
Mike Davis only useful if run CMC is out.
Ronald Jones II not very reliable
Darrel Henderson Jr has been okay when healthy
Damien Harris borderline at best due to lack of passing game use

My receivers also suck pretty hard...although they look better if Dallas has a passable QB as Amari was the top ranked guy thru the first 4 weeks.

Keenan Allen
Amari Cooper
Travis Fulgam
Sterling Sheppard
Jerry Jeudy
Tim Patrick

When he's been healthy Ridley has put up some numbers. In a one point PPR league the receivers have way more upside than guys like Jacobs who really don't do anything in the passing game. Jacobs is a high ceiling guy as he get's carries, and with that yards and goal line attempts. But outside of week 1, it's been pretty mediocre for him, and I think he's pretty beat up right now, and has been since the second week of the season.

I'm tempted to try it, because come playoffs my current roster really doesn't have that explosive upside to win against teams who have Dalvin Cook or Devante Adams type of thing...where Ridley does offer the high ceiling to get 30 points.