View Single Post
Old 08-08-2020, 02:18 PM   #14
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

If players get asked about the coach, they are going to say positive things. What I look for in these types of articles is, what exactly are the players listing as positives?

Add me to the list of people that are really pleased to here the talk about tighter defense, and there is no question that the Flames played a pretty tight series against the Jets. But it is also fair to point out that they weren't exactly a high-octane opponent with Sheifele and Laine out. For me, I want to see it continue into the next round before I start gushing about it. But it was, at minimum, a step in the right direction.

Bottom line is this for me: this is the playoffs, and the only thing that matters is winning. So I want to hear them talking about being on the same page, and seeing them play like they are on the same page and believing in each other.

It doesn't matter what the strategy is, it only matters that they win. And so far they are winning.

I will also say that he is a very likable guy, so I am really rooting for him, and would love for him to turn out to be a great coach. So far, so good.
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote