View Single Post
Old 02-18-2020, 05:37 PM   #101
GranteedEV
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Thanks, ya Iv'e been trying to make sure my active characters have full materia loads, but it's a bit of a pain. Do you swap characters often, or just pick 3(err, 2) and max them, and ignore the rest?
Naturally it's up to you, but I guess if I had to make a "goal" it would be to have at least one version of every useful skill or magic in every party combination. The only other gameplay thing I'll suggest is to get the Great Gospel limit break right away once you leave Corel Desert because, I guess you could say it's a missable sidequest (and well worth it!).

Here're the instructions:

You also need to learn Awrith's lv 2 and lv 3 limit breaks before you can teach her Great Gospel, so do it ASAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazrim View Post
I struggle to say it's the best soundtrack of the FF line. I would argue FFVI is a stronger and more complete soundtrack. Late SNES RPG titles all had fantastic soundtracks (think FFVI, Chrono Trigger, Tales of Phantasia, Terranigma) because the composers had mastered the sound chip at that point. The PS1 sound chip was a huge jump and also had MIDI capabilities, but he wasn't able to really use it well until FFIX. Obviously there's really memorable tracks in FFVII (just like FFIV has memorable tracks despite the quality), but I can't really suggest it's the best.
Obviously it's super subjective, but when I think of my favourite tracks in the FF series, I think of

Liberi Fatali (FFVIII)
Still More Fighting (FFVII)
One Winged Angel (FFVII)
Tina's Theme (FFVI)
The Decisive Battle (FFVI)
Vamo Alla Flamenco (FFIX)

In that exact order. So I'd probably pick FFVII as the best soundtrack.

Needless to say, but that recomposed version of Still More Fighting in the FFVIII Remake posted above gave me shivers.

"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy it find glory."

Last edited by GranteedEV; 02-18-2020 at 08:16 PM.
GranteedEV is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GranteedEV For This Useful Post: