Thread: Golf!!!2!
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2019, 03:33 PM   #2019
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltaGuy View Post
I think almost everyone would tell you to get lessons.

But, I'm not going to... haha. I would just get out to the range as much as you can. Watch some youtube videos right before you go to the range, and try to work on only one thing at a time. I recommend Mark Crossfield videos highly - but stick to the ones for beginners.

Swing easy. Golf swings are made better by rote and almost nothing else. You'll pick up on the feelings from good swings versus bad swings, and the more you swing, the better you will get.

It's supposed to be fun, and it's really hard: don't worry about the results too much and just whack a lot of balls. My .02.
I agree with most everything in this post. Only thing I'd change is no lessons. You don't need to spend the summer taking them but not a bad idea to have 1 or 2 just to go over the basics. Going to a range and blazing away is a good way to form bad habits that may be difficult to unlearn.

Completely agree with swing easy. So may people just go with the grip it and rip it route. Power is really secondary to a good, smooth, balanced swing. You'll hit further and straighter with a sound swing vs swinging for the fences.
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GoinAllTheWay For This Useful Post: