Thread: Golf!!!2!
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2019, 01:54 PM   #2008
AltaGuy
AltaGuy has a magnetic personality and exudes positive energy, which is infectious to those around him. He has an unparalleled ability to communicate with people, whether he is speaking to a room of three or an arena of 30,000.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
Thanks.

In the 6 buckets I've hit in the last few days, I actually experimented with taking a lot off my swing speed to get better contact with the ball. Surprisingly, it actually produced worse results, on anything but short irons. Seems to throw my rhythm off. My hookiest shots were the ones where I was swinging slow - which, I assume, is a problem with my swing, but somehow one that fixes itself (somewhat) when I really whack it? Golf is weird.

Honestly, I'd kind of like to be able to swing slower. I'm getting older, and a hundred balls swinging full out just leads to sore palms and sore elbows.
That's a pretty common thing: I struggle when I try to take something off it as well. Maybe try swinging full-force, but "smoothly" if that makes sense? It improved my game a lot when I tried to hit the ball fast rather than hard.

Also, if you're hooking the ball, you've got a "closed" clubface. Try just opening your face at address (pointing right if you're a righty), and make the same swing.
AltaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote