View Single Post
Old 07-09-2018, 03:13 PM   #49
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oling_Roachinen View Post
Maybe I missed something, maybe the nerds have some science behind it. But why didn't the Rebels not just do that to the Deathstar in A New Hope?

They went on a suicide longshot run, with some farm boy who believed he could hit an impossible shot. But that's all they had, so they had to do it.

Now we're to believe they could have just sent a ship or two with a single pilot to kamikaze the Deathstar?

Cool shot, poor story telling.

The Death Star was protected by a heavy shield and it was a massive heavily armed battlestation. Remember that in the second one they had a SSD crash into the surface and it pretty much blew up on the surface.

Hitting the Death Star a moon sized object with a cruiser even at hyperspace would likely be like shooting a human with a .22 and it would have been difficult to hit the reactor in the middle of it, or damage enough equipment to cause a catastrophic reaction. We saw with the DS2 how dense the inside on the station was.

There was very little livable space inside of the death star, most of the population lived on the surface, the inside was packed with equipment and piping, and the chamber surrounding the hyperspace reactor was shielded and armored unlike the second one which wasn't complete.

A Mon Calamari cruiser was 1200 meters long and the DS1 was 160 km's wide.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post: