View Single Post
Old 05-02-2018, 03:14 PM   #110
mikephoen
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I haven't decided yet if we'll be back next year. This was the 11th time we've done CCEE, and it was easily the worst from a logistics standpoint. I don't have data from before 2013, but this was also our worst year for sales in that time. All of the changes this year made the show worse. Fan Expo cut corners every way possible, and they will continue to do so. And raised our price significantly as well. Pay more, get less!

They also savagely cut the perks for volunteers. So they are about to lose the vast majority of the good and experienced volunteers. That will lead to a worse experience for guests next year, which of course leads to less people the following year, less money for vendors and the spiral down continues.

We've already cut the Edmonton show and won't be going again, as in just 4 years it has gone from highly profitable to not profitable at all. It took longer for the decline to hit Calgary, but all the same signs are there, and now Fan Expo is accelerating the decline with bad policies. I haven't fully decided yet on going back, but I'm leaning towards not doing it.
mikephoen is offline   Reply With Quote