Old 05-02-2018, 03:50 AM   #102
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemgear View Post
Interesting discussion and feedback this year about the Expo here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Calgary/com...ing_in_so_far/

Didn't realize that they were bought out last year by FanExpo/new management based out of Toronto.
It's always tough to consider how to take online feedback, 'cause people love to gripe online. It's easy to see the 'upset' numbers everywhere, but difficult to remember to put them into context.

That reddit thread, for instance, has almost 250 replies. Assuming, for sake of argument, that every single one was a legit complaint from a different person...the Expo has averaged 100k attendees for the last handful of years. So that reddit thread would represent 0.25% of attendees. If you had a 1000 different people who were upset with legit gripes, that's still just 1% of the attendees.

That doesn't nullify the legit gripes, but it does (at least, to me) put them into perspective.

Disclaimer: I did not work for/with the Expo this year. My schedule clashed completely, and I was unable to get the time off (unlike the previous 6 years). I also wanted to see how the Takeover was going to work as I wasn't sold on the new owners, either. And to be clear, it's not a partnership, it's a full buyout. The folks who started CCEE are still around, but finding themselves in very different roles than they used to be.

It's almost kinda like Informa wants to spend the next 2-5 years re-learning everything that CCEE learned in the last 6 years all over again.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote