View Single Post
Old 11-26-2021, 07:30 AM   #1076
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
him agreeing to a 2 year consultant gig afterwards is what sticks out to me. That doesn't happen IMO if there isn't some sort of long-term plan here, and that's a pleasant surprise when it comes to United. To me, that means they plan to install a new manager after the season that has a similar philosophy than Rangnick. Could be Ten Hag, could be somebody like Potter ... no clue, but I'm excited. Going to be quite an adjustment for the lot though, Rangnicks teams usually press relentlessly. Will be interesting to see how he plans to deal with the likes of Ronaldo, Pogba and so on.
Ronaldo, I can see his time being more managed. Pogba, I could care less. Use him as an impact sub but start to build a foundation of a team around players that are going to be part of the future.

I'm just curious how he would work with a new manager? Is he going to be sitting from above dictating coaching strategy? So in that sense is he going to be seeking more of a yes man to implement HIS strategy? Don't know, just asking as I don't know what sort of character he is but by all accounts he likes to be in control.

Shaw, from what I have been reading is the one that needs to start looking over his shoulder. Fred, I'm curious how he will do as I think he might benefit but if it's true that he's not a believer of square or backward passes then McTominay is in big trouble.

I'm very much of the wait and see approach. Sure, he sounds great on paper but I've got to wonder if he's the be all end all then how come, at 63 he's never really had an appointment of any real significance before? And what I'm reading is that he's more of a builder which is exactly what they need at the moment.

But for me the problem remains at United regarding the culture. There are zero leaders that I can think of outside of CR and maybe Varane. I refer again to the swarming of Ronaldo by 6-7 Liverpool players and that only Bruno was in any sort of close proximity to intervene. Watching that Keane Neville dogwalk interview on YouTube and Keane alludes more than once that he was lucky in his day in that he walked into the changing room, looked around and it was full of strong characters, leaders. Look at it today and look at who is wearing the armband. He's not a leader.

Bagor is offline   Reply With Quote