View Single Post
Old 09-22-2021, 12:00 PM   #80
The Yen Man
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Not really, because that includes all tax fillers. Many who have little or no income. If we want to live in a functioning society, those who earn more will always have to pay more. And they should recognize those earnings are on the backs of the regular earners that their taxes then go to support. Unless you feel they are actually worth 100x what we get paid? In the end, they still take home more in a year than most people make in a lifetime. No one is proposing to tax them down to the level their income matches the average.

It's always baffling to me why people who will never be in these incredibly high earning ranges are so quick to defend the consolidation of wealth, while our services suffer and taxes go up.
All I'm ever saying in my arguments is that we already tax the rich disproportionately. There has been no evidence to suggest otherwise. It's easy to always trot out the "tax the rich!" for the average person because they realize they're not the "rich", so everyone just wants more of someone else paying for things.
The Yen Man is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The Yen Man For This Useful Post: