View Single Post
Old 04-18-2019, 05:26 AM   #12
The Cobra
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itse View Post
Generally speaking, wingers don't carry teams. Rarely even lines.

If there's a problem, it's at center. Monahan is good value as a six million dollar man, but many other teams have players who are good value at 8+ million.

I don't agree we can't win with this lineup... Except I'm not sure if a contender can carry an anchor contract like Neals anymore. He's been among the worst forwards on the the team much of the season, and has been just useless again. Some people say he's a finisher who needs a playmaker, but that's silly. He should be helping in other ways, but he's really just irrelevant even on his best days.

Patrick Kane has always driven his line and the offence for his team.

Johnny compares to Kane in many ways, but he certainly doesn’t have his compete level and the ability to play through tough times and rise to the occasion. Of course, while Kane is considered small, he’s no where close to Johnny small.

The biggest difference is that Kane always had such a stellar supporting cast which meant teams couldn’t simply key in entirely on Kane.

But Kane would play better the more teams tried to get him off his game.

Johnny may eventually get to that stage, but he seems light years away from that now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The Cobra For This Useful Post: