View Single Post
Old 04-18-2019, 04:30 AM   #9
N-E-B
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
Monahan should be traded this summer why we can still suck someone in that he's a good player.
He was over a point per game player this year. He IS a good player. He’s just playing unbelievably poorly right now.

Not sure trading him is the answer. Who will step in to replace him? You don’t typically get a McDavid/Crosby/MacKinnon type player unless you draft in the top two, and I think it’s fairly safe to say we won’t be doing that any time soon. I don’t think any free agents will be much better, and nobody on earth is going to trade a centreman who’s better than Monahan.

Monahan is a really good player and he’s the best we have right now. It’s unforunate that we don’t have an elite centreman but few teams do. He’s still a #1C by almost every metric, and yes he’s on the low end of that for sure but he’s still a #1C. The issue with him right now isn’t talent, it’s 100% his compete level. Same goes for Johnny. I don’t see players that aren’t talented, I see players that aren’t interested which might be more concerning.

Monahan said he played lacrosse which is odd because he sure as hell doesn’t play like a lacrosse player.
N-E-B is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to N-E-B For This Useful Post: