View Single Post
Old 08-22-2018, 11:19 AM   #136
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Its funny because I've been pretty critical of the Disney Star Wars universe.

I liked TFA, and maybe that's because it was supported by some strong OT Star Wars Characters. I really liked Rogue One, I thought it was excellent, again maybe because took place in the OT and really added to that Star Wars Story. After that it went flat, I just didn't like TLJ all that much. I thought the plot line wasn't really very good, and it disconnected jarringly from TFA, and frankly outside of Daisy Ridley who I really like, the other actors seemed flat and to an extent unlikeable, I really thought that Poe was a a$$, and his so called growth from a arrogant fighter pilot to the new leader of the resistance just wasn't that good. I also thought that the villains didn't feel all that daunting.

The other problem for me is that the books that were meant to add to the new universe for the most part have been really poorly written and not that exciting.

For the new movies, some points that have been bought up.

The Leadership of the First Order at the start was Phasma, Hux, Ren and Snoke. They made Snoke look stupid, and Phasma was a waste of film. I liked the potential of Hux in the first movie, he played the scheming space nazi well, but he was a somewhat competent space nazi who was locked in this struggle with Ren for power. In the second movie they just murdered his character he became stupid and incompetent, that prank phone call scene turned him into the on screen equivalent of a prat fall.

I've had this argument with a lot of people over the remaining strength of the First Order. Surely if they're an awesome power they would have more ships waiting in the background and more troops. But the destruction of the Supremacy would really be a crippling blow to the first order because it was their capital, it was also their manufacturing for ships and their training academy for storm troopers. So they might have other ships and armies out there but until they rebuild that ship, they can't replace losses.

Realistically I believe that if they were smart they would start the next movie 5 or 10 years down the road. It just makes sense for some reasons

1) It gives the Resistance at least a chance to rebuild.

2) It gives the First Order a chance to rebuild their strength.

3) If Ren was so fired up to be his Grandpa, instead of chasing Rey, his goal would to be more powerful then Rey, have him go on a quest to find the Sith knowlege so he could become a Sith like Vader or Palpatine. In fact . . . you could have him find Darth Sidious' holocron and have a really cool cameo by the Emperor.

4) Have Rey on a mirror quest for knowledge, you could even have Luke or Kenobi or even Anakin Skywalker show up as her guide.

5) Sadly you could have Leia die which would reduce her role but allow them to do something really powerful for her like a video message to the Resistance before the last battle.

6) In the time elapsed make Hux competant again and a real threat.

7) No more superweapons, I think we've had enough.

8) Instead of Ren hunting down Rey, send the sinister agents the Knights of Ren, use them like the Inquisitors in Rebels.

9) If this movie is about and should be about the end of Force Users in the galaxy since all they do is cause war and strife, then at the end there can be no redemption for Ren and Rey has to self exile.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post: