View Single Post
Old 08-16-2018, 10:33 PM   #130
kermitology
It's not easy being green!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
BTW I'm reading through the Thrawn book that was just released, and I think its the last EU book that I'm going to just go out and buy and read.

The new EU is just filled with books that are poorly written and just are actually really boring and 2 dimensional.

When you look at the legends EU, there were a lot of bad books, but they weren't consistently releasing bad book after bad book. With the new EU from Aftermath right through to the books or Tarkin, Rebels and now the Thrawn series, they're just not great.

I kind of liked the first of the new Thrawn books, but it made him too sympathetic. He had morals and they didn’t really jive with the Thrawn I remembered from Zahn’s first books. Filoni did a decent job of showing the ruthless tactician, but Zahn has completely failed to come close to his original villain.

I’m reading the new Thrawn book and it’s ####ing garbage. Like, I’m almost not going to finish it. Have you noticed how many people “growled” a sentence? And why does everything have to go back to Anakin?

Ugh. Establishing that tie to the old part of cannon makes the story terrible.