View Single Post
Old 02-23-2018, 08:50 AM   #279
Flamenspiel
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygeologist View Post
If anything, this shows that Canada should invest some money and effort into a national team program so that players get some experience with one another and play better together. No one really knows if the NHL players will be back and having a team of NHL all stars shouldn't be plan A for a successful tournament.

Both the USA and Canada are in the same position right now.

I actually think that Canada could have had more success if they sent the World Junior's team because atleast they have experience playing together in December.
I don't agree with this. Hockey is the most overfunded sport in Canada, plus we have a rich collection of amatuer coaches that make us the best in the world at this game. So much money and effort is invested in hockey that it is a detriment to other sports. its a professional game with corporate funding, and that will never change.

Personally I would not take any lessons from this game at all,if anything the new arrangement will make possible for the KHL/Russian teams to re-assert dominance in a Mickey Mouse tournament. If it does not change, we should just re-instate the hockey boycott that Canada used in the 1960s.
Flamenspiel is offline   Reply With Quote