View Single Post
Old 01-22-2024, 09:23 AM   #36
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleK View Post
This really sucks for the on ice officials. That's a lot of assignments out the window that will be scooped up by the WHL guys.
Will be interesting to see how that aspect shakes out. My understanding from what I have seen/heard in the BCHL is the officials that work that league cannot work any Hockey Canada sanctioned events. Tough choice for some of them to make.

I would also be curious to see how it will work with players and where they are coming from. Could look at the BCHL now I suppose and get a feel. Current AJHL players are drawn from Hockey Alberta teams and their affiliate players all play U18 AAA for the most part. They will no longer be able to draw from this pool of players (for affiliates) and not sure how a AAA kid can try out for a team and return to AAA if they are cut (answer, I don't think they can). So that's the end of tryouts from AAA kids? Are sports schools governed under Hockey Canada? Maybe that's where the pool of players will come from. Maybe that's moot if most AJHL players have graduated from minor hockey?
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lubicon For This Useful Post: