View Single Post
Old 02-07-2019, 10:01 AM   #31
temple5
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleK View Post
Doesn't the hype remind you of Kapernick a bit?

He looked like a world beater and the DCs adjusted.

That is the point I'm making.
Football only opinion on Colin...

When he was great, he was damn great. I remember thinking this is the time SF goes from dungbowl to Superbowl, great arm, seemed accurate, and could run. I thought the reason he fell off the cliff was coaching changes, now maybe the system and defence helped alot but it sure did seem like he was destined for greatness. Didnt a new coach come in and try to put in a more old school style office which doesnt play off the run and gun, bootleg, qb run style that suits CK? This I assume demoralized him and he started to pout when he didnt have the same success in the new system and then things went downhill to where we are today.

As for the Mahomes comparisons, I think he is a much better passer and probably has more longevity in the leage, CK probably had a short life span in the NFL and I wouldnt say the KC defence was terrible. Mahomes and KC didnt score in the first half against a mid rated regular season defence, thats not the KC defence problem.

I like comparing Mahomes to Elway more than CK. When he was young Elway was a serviceable runner but excellent passer. This will be a good year to see what Mahomes is made off, if you have an top flight corner and play man on the best player with double coverage on the second best and force him to look to his 3rd or 4th option, if he still has success then he is more than a system qb and turns into a qb who will have real longevity.
temple5 is offline   Reply With Quote