View Single Post
Old 01-19-2018, 10:17 AM   #41
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy View Post
Does anyone have any insight on the boundary review that is going on? I heard speculation that Springbank could be split up and the boundaries of Trails West, Glenlake and Springbank redrawn to create a new area.

Also assuming Royals will gain some territory from NWCAA?
No insight but Hockey Calgary does these things every few years so it is not uncommon. I think we've seen about three in the 12 years my kids have been playing. Sometimes it involved our association and sometimes not. But it's healthy and natural to do this to keep numbers balanced and they do have a minimum and maximum recommended size for every association and once the numbers fall outside this they will probably make adjustments. Given the growth of west Calgary it doesn't surprise me to hear this. I can see Glen Lake taking some of Trails West and then Trails West absorbing some of Springbank. As far as quadrant goes I'm not sure how that works but I do know they adjust boundaries as necessary as well.

Typically in any review I have seen they will grandfather the older kids (probably bantam and midget) or at least give parents the choice as to stay or to move. Younger (Pee Wee and below) generally have to go to the new association. That gives families the option to keep their kids together in one association, or to keep kids together with friends they have been playing with for years (if older).
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote