View Single Post
Old 05-18-2021, 10:24 AM   #3274
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacFlame View Post
Agree with all of that. What has always made wrestling storylines fun was the element of surprise. I mentioned Bray because having him come out (as Bray Wyatt) would have instantly made him a face. I have no idea what Bray Wyatt is anymore. A face? A heel? No idea. He's just there.

Having Cena answer the challenge last night would have been fun ( and I dislike Cena). Having Brock answer the challenge last night would have been fun. (I realize that both of those wouldn't happen, but hopefully you get what I'm getting at) Having someone from NXT answer the challenge would have been fun.

There were plenty of ways to go about this. It was a perfect opportunity to add in some surprise/intrigue. Instead, we get kofi. Good grief. Just all around terrible. It's like they've never done this before.

Add to that....as soon as it was announced that this wasn't a "championship match", you already now Kofi is going to win by pinfall. its so obvious.

What is wrong perhaps having Kofi win by pinfall and then announcing afterwards that it wasn't a championship match. It would have led to more heat on the champion and people would have had sympathy for Kofi. Instead, they give away the ending and nobody gets heat.

I agree with you in a lot of ways.

Bray even as the fiend was designed to be a tweener face righting the wrongs that were done to Bray Wyatt, it just never worked out that way because he was so badly used and couldn't win matches.

My feeling is that Cena is done with WWE, he's shown very little interest in it, especially on his twitter account. I think there was a falling out between him and Vince. I also think that Brock isn't coming back any time soon.

Keith Lee would have been a good surprise to roll out, but he's in the bad books with WWE right now for whatever reason.

They should have done a rocky thing where Lashley beats Kofi to death in the ring and we get Xavier doing the rocky montage training thing to get his revenge on Drago/Bobby. They would need Big E to be screaming "Throw in the damn towel".

Its funny in NXT because I look at the guys that really should be moved into the main roster, but they're all undersized quasi cruiser weight guys. They don't except for Kross have that absolute merciless killer that they could call up.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote