View Single Post
Old 08-29-2019, 02:16 PM   #110
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Out 403 View Post
Righteous indignation? I don't know if you're just that clueless or not paying attention, all I came in with is "hey this would be a great matchup" kind of post. You and your buddy decided to do the same old negative BS in any soccer thread and talked about wars breaking out from a soccer game.
Locke’s referencing the Balkin War was over the top for sure (while also being a bit tongue in cheek) but to be fair to them I don’t think anybody should really look at that match up and think “Oh great that would be fun”.

The concern of a riot or violence between ultras is justified in a situation like that, where you have two teams that have the political and on-field history that those two teams have.

It was no different when Juventus and Liverpool met for the first time after the Heysel disaster in 2005. Lots of concern and extra security measures were taken around that tie as well for similar reasons.

Any time you have two clubs with that type of history around them you are going to have to deal with people mentioning/worrying about the tragedies of the past.

Last edited by SuperMatt18; 08-29-2019 at 02:21 PM.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote