Thread: [PGT] Flames 2 Wild 0
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2018, 01:21 AM   #278
GranteedEV
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary4LIfe View Post
What I really notice with Peters' system is how good the players on the ice at being aware of defencemen jumping into the play. I felt Hartley's teams were also really good at rotating right away and covering for defencemen. Late in the game, I think it was Brodie that jumped deep into the zone, and I saw Mangiapane just rotate right in and cover for him. I was afraid with him being a rookie and not getting much practice time with the squad, that he may not notice or take too long to recognize it. Nope. Straight away, no hesitation. They rotate so well out there. Gulutzan didn't have the defencemen activating nearly as much, so you didn't see this happening. It is just really cool seeing this team being constantly aware of the situations on the ice, and fulfilling their responsibilities defensively.
This is why I referred to GG hockey as "3 vs 5" hockey. The forwards played deep and the defensemen played almost glued to their corner of the blue line.

"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy it find glory."
GranteedEV is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GranteedEV For This Useful Post: