View Single Post
Old 09-20-2018, 10:07 AM   #5
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

When I lived in Texas, me and my classmates took some time to go and visit some of the more extreme religious offerings down there. If you live in Irving Texas for example there's a huge stretch of these massive evangelical churches with a lot of them having their own television channels or shows.

We attended a service with the Rev Ernest Angley and his full beat down version of faith healing where he would basically beat the devil out of you.

We went to see really radical baptist services, and evangelical services where it was more like an infomercial to raise money.

We went to a small country church just outside that did use Snakes, and the whole sermon was fire and brim stone and this snake represents the Deavil (That's how it sounded maaan) and the devil can bite me all day and the lord protects me from his influence and poison.

I expect that the snake was de-venomed but this guy let the snake bite the crap out of him.

We even went to a tent revival that was almost exactly like the Steve Martin movie Leap of Faith, and you could see the cons happening.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote