View Single Post
Old 01-15-2018, 09:30 AM   #1251
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

I finally watched the match, I recorded it because I had things to do and, quite frankly, I was not holding out a lot of hope on this one.

What a match, just fantastic. Lots to say but not a lot that hasnt already been said, but I liked the discussion about City not playing well.

Liverpool forced City to play Liverpool's game. Every time City had the ball they got blitzed, just relentless pressing and that forced a lot of scrambling play rather than what they're used to.

Most teams sit back and defend and let City have the ball, by pressing them constantly they generated a ton of turnovers and then City had to play out of their comfort zone and do the same just to regain possession.

It was like a brawler drawing a boxer into a streetfight, they were out of their element and they didnt like it.

It was a gameplan that was designed to throw City off their game and it worked, the only real flaw was that you cant maintain that level of pressing all game and we saw it drop off at around 80 minutes and thats when things got interesting.

Amazing to watch.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote