View Single Post
Old 05-15-2019, 10:28 PM   #199
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeluxeMoustache View Post
Yes, I said respectfully. And meant it.

It’s simple. Bennett could not be a difference maker because he did not play in a series where he could be a difference maker. The Flames got pounded. Their best players weren’t present at the expected level.

You said that as the Colorado series showed, him playing well showed he isn’t a difference maker. I thought it was weird because one guy wasn’t righting that ship.

Here an example. If I played for the Washington Generals, and was really good at basketball and hijinks, we still wouldn’t beat the Globetrotters.

That’s all
So your argument for Bennett being worth $4 million plus is what exactly?

Sam played well in the Colorado series. And I still didn’t see a guy I’d commit that kind of money to. Much less over the larger sample size of every game he has played in his career.

You win or lose in the NHL with your best players. Overpaying your 3rd liners almost guarantees you won’t have the best players in any given matchup.

Here’s an example. The Washington Generals have a great reserve point guard who is really good at basketball and hijinks. They pay him lots of money, leaving less for the starters. They are not beating the Globetrotters.
Strange Brew is online now   Reply With Quote