View Single Post
Old 07-18-2015, 02:36 PM   #15
Caged Great
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Era View Post
What makes Morrison the best young defenseman in the organization? I watch a tonne of NCAA hockey, and Morrison did not impress me any more than some of our other defensemen. I would easily put him behind Wotherspoon, Hickey, Gilmour and Culkin. I don't know how you could possibly say he is the best in the organization, especially if you've watched them all.
Best in terms of being NHL ready. Watching him last week, and at the tail end of last season in Addy, he stood out as being more composed than anyone else at both ends of the rink.

In terms of upside, Hickey, Kylington and Andersson have more potential with Hickey being the best of the bunch by far. I really would not be shocked if he was TJ Brodie 2.0. The other two are at least 2 years away, so it's hard to tell exactly what strides they will make in their development between now and then.

Morrison though looks like an NHL defender as it sits right now. I like his two way game over Wotherspoon.

Gilmour, Culkin and Kulak are all behind him but that's due to the fact that they are all slightly younger. The latter two could be equivalent talents once they reach 23 or possibly better. No way to tell until we get there though.
Fireside Chat - The #1 Flames Fan Podcast - FiresideChat.ca
Caged Great is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Caged Great For This Useful Post: