View Single Post
Old 08-10-2022, 09:01 PM   #6
nfotiu
Franchise Player

Exp:

Speaking as someone in the US, and no idea what the Canadian landscape looks like...

So far the bundling is not egregious at all. If Disney wants to bundle espn with their Disney plus at a discount, I have no issue with that. It's still all their content and I can choose to business with them at their price or not.

Cable got egregious when I had to buy an $80 bundle plus $15 per set top box and a bunch of other ridiculous fees to watch a couple channels and the baseball team I cared about. Or on the other hand, the poor people who had to pay that same $100+ to watch a few junky reality shows when $50 of those dollars went to sports cable shows they never watched.

Cheaper ad supported options are not really a bad thing for anyone. And if you'll stop subscribing because you can't use someone elses password, well, I guess you weren't paying anyway?

So far the streamers are having to be competitive and as long as the content owners keep competing and don't collude, it is a far, far better environment for the consumer than cable was.
nfotiu is offline   Reply With Quote