View Single Post
Old 07-15-2019, 07:35 PM   #1
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Spider-Man: Far From Home *Spoiler thread* first post spoilers

I checked out Spider-Man FFH the other day and thought we should have it’s own thread.

Really enjoyed it. I like the bait and switch with Mysterio and the way they updated his character was very well done and believable. They did a great job of balancing the action vs the Parker life, which really is the essence of Spider-Man. We have to be just as invested in Peter as Spider-Man, and having Spider-Man duties actively sabotaging his chances with MJ is classic Peter Parker.

I hope Becks not dead. Marvel is always killing its better villains and there is a lot of potential with him, especially with how the after credits scene went. JK Simmons reprising as Jameson is a huge treat. He really is made for it. I hope he sticks around for some other parts in the franchise.

The action against Mysterio was top notch. It was very reminiscent of Into The Spiderverse and gave me flashbacks to the Spider-Man 2 video, which heavily featured Mysterio. The only disappointment I had is I paid for DBox cuz I thought it’d be cool with all the swinging and stuff, but despite a relatively empty theatre someone was right beside my seat when I got there and I felt weird about it. So I missed out on that.

I’d say equal to or better than Homecoming and Tom Holland further cements himself as the best Spider-Man.