View Single Post
Old 01-22-2020, 02:25 PM   #13
Bill Bumface
My face is a bum!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranteedEV View Post
As far as languages goes though, I think you should realize that python is a scripting language which can be a nightmare to debug for a beginner. I would strongly recommend learning to code with a reasonably modern compiled language such as Java or the underrated C# (which is basically a Microsoft imitation of Java, but thanks to being unified under M$ has more consistency between its libraries whereas Java libraries are all over the place).
I don't know if I agree. The fact it's a scripting language means you can try some really small bits of logic interactively at a prompt and get instant feedback, vs developing away and having to compile/run constantly (barring more advanced use of an IDE to get earlier feedback).

If going the compiled route and trying to gain a good fundamental understanding to open your future options, I think. I'd recommend C first.

For something you can pick up and right a pretty rough looking program that still gets the job done, Python is great. It's very googleable, tons and tons of library support, multi platform support etc.

If I ever need to write anything that is totally throwaway I always find myself reaching for Python. It probably works on whatever computer I'm on, and I can get something up and running faster than most other languages.
Bill Bumface is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bill Bumface For This Useful Post: