View Single Post
Old 03-13-2021, 08:54 AM   #375
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Probably obvious to others, but a horrible realization I just came to for the people of Westview is that half those kids would have been blipped back a week or two before becoming Wanda's puppets.

Families would still be struggling with the shocking miracle. There's probably a poor parent who had left Westview after their SO and child disappeared, waited 5 years for them to come back, got to Westview a day or two before Wanda only to lose their kid again this time in a fate worse than just blipping out of existence.

(Also less Wandavision related, but there would definitely be young children who lost their parents during the snap, got adopted, and then 5 years later their parents are back that they probably don't even remember. Fun custody battles there...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
Quicksilver could still turn out to be quicksilver

The person in “witness protection” could be a mutant who crossed over in the multiverse which is why they sent the superhero involved FBI agent and a sword rep to track him down.
I think the only way to make the Fake-Quicksilver twist worse would be a reversal of it.

Even if you explain away Vision buying a house right next door to Quicksilver's witness protection program's house 5 years earlier, none of the Jimmy Woo stuff works.

Woo went looking on his own because relatives and friends of the witness inexplicably forgot he existed. That can't be Quicksilver as his relative would be Wanda, sort of, I guess. Woo also didn't think he had any powers, or he would have brought it up, and he didn't even recognize Quicksilver.

And then it was just a super coincidence that Agatha made a Fake Quicksilver, or so she thought, out of a real Quicksilver?

Like the aerospace engineer, the witness was just something that fans looked too big into (though I blame the writers) and was only a plot point to get Woo on. Of course they can retcon it, but it just wouldn't make sense.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oling_Roachinen For This Useful Post: