View Single Post
Old 03-13-2021, 04:54 AM   #373
Itse
Franchise Player

Exp:

I guess this thread is as good as any for mostly unrelated talk on how to bring the X-men into the MCU, so here's more on that, because I just want to put this somewhere

First, I would just not have Xavier at all. He's the one character that's actually been quite well done in the Fox films, and I just don't think there's much new stuff there. Not having him around also creates a ton of new possibilities for other characters to be leaders and mentors, which is fruitful ground for team stories.

Second, the lineup should be lead by Storm. She's the other iconic leader of X-men, and since the Avengers was such a sausage fest, it would just make sense to have the MCU version be much less so. Plus I think most fans would agree Storm is just the more interesting leader. I'm actually a fan of Cyclops, but even I would admit that he's extremely vanilla. I also really want to see punk rock Storm, and I think that look would again make it clear that this is not the Fox version of the character.

Third, a clearly different lineup from the Fox version. This I think just obviously makes sense, there's a ton of characters to explore, and a different lineup would lessen the direct comparisons between Foxverse and the MCU.

I would for example like to see a lineup of Storm, Gambit, Colossus, Kitty Pryde and Rogue. (Rogue is needed to power down Captain Marvel, and that's a classic X-men / Avengers storyline that hasn't been done yet.)

(Oh man, the flaming liberal in me would love a lineup with Colossus and Kitty dating as usual, but Kitty has recently become Kit Pryde, and that's a whole thing they're dealing with.)

Plotwise, this is how I'd do it:
The X-men (and possibly some mutants they're fighting?) end up stranded in the MCU, a universe without mutants, through some multiverse shenanigans. They're the only mutants here to begin with, but soon after others start appearing.

...No wait. This is how I'd actually do it
First, have several movies in a completely new universe. That universe is the home to the X-men, the Fantastic Four, and Dr. Doom and what ever other major characters you want to include.

THEN merge those two universes in a massive crossover event.

Last edited by Itse; 03-13-2021 at 05:07 AM.
Itse is offline   Reply With Quote