View Single Post
Old 03-12-2021, 02:39 PM   #370
Itse
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
It's pretty easy to trash on the Fox X-men universe, because it was all over the map in quality and for its association with Bryan Singer, but it had some really great components and movies.

Logan, DoFP, First Class, and X2, were all top notch IMO. I'll even go as far to say that Fastbender's Magneto is the best portrayal of any comic book character yet.

I do see the major challenge in integrating this universe, and taking all the bad crap with it. How do you pick and choose only the good stuff? I would agree that scrapping the Fox Universe is probably the best choice. I'd actually prefer that over having another "5 year gap" reality alteration.

It wouldn't be too hard to explain even, as the mutants in the MCU thus far have their powers magnified or caused by the infinity stones. You could have a few old school mutants, who don't reveal themselves to humanity. Then when they start testing on the stones in WWII it creates a bunch more. Then a lot more once the infinity war saga occurs. Enough that they come to the surface and become public. I would much prefer that over Dr. Strange/Wanda just merging the universes.
Well to each their own obviously, as I said I recently revisited the whole thing, and my feeling was mostly just disappointment over how poorly any of them held up, for me. But then again I wasn't even that exited about Logan, and that at least is a legit good film.

I just don't really like most of the casting choices, and the characters are so all over the place. Even Wolverine is just so meh. Hugh Jackman does what he can, but the writing just ain't good. Or to my taste.

Last edited by Itse; 03-12-2021 at 02:48 PM.
Itse is offline   Reply With Quote