View Single Post
Old 02-26-2021, 08:27 AM   #254
Jason14h
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flames_fan_down_under View Post
Fair enough. I don't think he's at the top of everyone's HOF list as he doesn't have that typical name recognition.

But just doing a quick little dive here are a few numbers (also remember he is not at the end of his career and is still putting up good numbers).

Right now he is 40th all time in assists, by the end of the season he will be probably around 36th. One more season he will be around top 30, maybe around Jerry West's total.

He is tied for 32nd in career triple doubles with 17, if by the end of his career he gets 4 more he will be tied with Kobe and Kareem for 23rd overall.

Advanced stats like Career Win Shares has him at 96th overall, grouped with players like Vlade Divac, Allen Iverson, Tracy McGrady, Lenny Wilkens and Grant Hill. All HOFers.

Like I said, I think he is borderline.
The thing is, all the above numbers plus a championship shows it not borderline, its a sure thing. Advanced stats also really support how good Lowry is/has been, and the new generation loves advanced stats.

By almost any statistical measure he is a top 100 player of all time. And he has a few years left. By the end of his career I think he is a sure fire HOF. Maybe not first ballet, but he will be there.
Jason14h is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jason14h For This Useful Post: