View Single Post
Old 04-24-2019, 02:24 PM   #1280
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleK View Post
Anyone had issues with the 4k PVR wireless box being glitchy on both live and recorded HDTV (not 4k)?

The wired box works amazingly, but the wireless one upstairs stops, starts, won't load recordings and generally acts like an Edmonton Oiler.
I haven't had an issue with live tv (but I hardly ever watch live tv), but occasionally, I'll have problems with playing back recordings. Based on the information I could find when I looked into this, it seems to be related to the updates Telus sends out to the boxes every so often. If the update doesn't go through completely, the box will start to glitch.

The solution seems to be the old stand-by, hard reset. Unplug all of your boxes (wireless, wired, and modem) for 30 seconds or more to let them reset themselves. I don't know if this actually matters, but one thing I found said to plug them back in in this order: modem, wired tv box, wireless tv box.

I did try just resetting the wireless box and it didn't fix it, so it does appear you need to do all of them.