View Single Post
Old 06-03-2009, 01:28 PM   #40
Bobblehead
Franchise Player

Exp:

I was climbing through a barb-wire fence. My cousin (who was 8, I was 5) climbed on an rotting old stump next to the fence line and said "watch this" and stamped on it. A side fell off, and underneath was the wasp's nest (I don't believe he knew it was there). We ran screaming up to my grandmother's house (across the road and up the lane). My cousin only got stung 4 or 5 times, but once was around the eye. I was smaller and slower, so I got the brunt. My father pulled my shirt off and was stomping on it on the sidewalk as yellowjackets flew out. I have no idea how many times I was stung, but to this day a bee flying nearby triggers immediate panic. I have to concentrate to stay calm. I know bees are good and won't normally sting, but the irrational part of my brain always seems to notice the bees and wasps first.
—Daniel J. Boorstin, historian, former Librarian of Congress
"But the Senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity"
—WKRP in Cincinatti
Bobblehead is offline   Reply With Quote