View Single Post
Old 01-11-2016, 07:44 PM   #46
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
of course they are, but that's the job of the opposition isn't it, especially on the budget, to point out the problems with the budget.

The NDP are the government, they're putting out a budget and its going to be grim, my concern is with the fundamentals of the budget.

Whether they like it or not the government is going to have to make serious cuts to how they do business, the previous government should have done it, the NDP are going to have to eat a big poop sandwich when it comes to dealing with their support base in the unions.

Its time that the government starts to look at how they're spending money.

And no a continual jacking up of taxes isn't the answer.
Yeah I get that. It just feels like some of them are cheering for failure, and that's distasteful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampbellsTransgressions View Post
http://calgaryherald.com/opinion/col...into-this-mess

Excessive cuts do not help in the long term.

We've spent years making up for Ralph Klein's infrastructure deficit and still experience high costs due to infrastructure shortages, particularly in healthcare. The worst part is that the cuts were done to eliminate 8 billion dollars in debt, an amount that only takes the province two years to accumulate in a downturn as the oil royalties diminish.
Yeah Ralph was a magician. I mean sure, taxes were higher back then and everyone is against that today, but he balanced the budget and that's all anyone remembers.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote