Thread: 2019 CFL season
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2019, 10:17 PM   #443
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Look I like Claybrooks, I think he's a great guy, I think he's an ernest coach.

I think he's not a head coach. He looked good coaching an absolutely stacked defense in Calgary, but he was always slow on the adjustments. When coaches make their adjustments Devone can't keep up.

He's actually got a very strong team in BC, and the coaching, the schemes and the playcalling are awful.

If BC struggles, like this through the year, Devone's done at the end of the year.

This is a case of him being promoted way to soon. I also think that he's not being supported by his assistants very well.

He had a stellar cast of coaches in Calgary that really worked the positions. I'm looking at fundemental play by the oline and receivers and its awful.
I agree with you in regards to Claybrooks but disagree it's a strong team. Offensive line is worst in the league and when Lamar Durant is your 2nd best receiver you have skill position problems. I don't see a lot of standouts on defense. Aaron Grymes wearing orange is probably fitting seeing he's a pylon in the secondary and Odell Willis is 34 years old. It's a bad team.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote