View Single Post
Old 04-14-2020, 03:15 PM   #39
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Sorry on a bit of a Clone wars thing, but this tells you the genius of Dave Filoni.

JJ brings back one of the most iconic characters in Star Wars in Palpatine, and to me it falls flat, and I didn't like it all that much.

Filoni brings back Maul, and I remember I cringed at a guy that was cut in half coming back on spider legs, and really hated it, then suddenly Dave made it outright brilliant and made a cool Star character that was murderized or thrown away in the movies and made it a almost iconic full fledged storyline that ended tragically with the Maul Kenobi simple duel.

I also liked that Filoni didn't fall into the trap in the Ahsoka vs Vader duel where Anakin emerges and shows some regret for what he does or a spark of the light side, instead showing Vader at his height of rage and anger and hatred.

I'm sad this series is going to end.

Also add on that there are rumors that Kennedy is on thin ice with Disney especially after her self chosen changes to Rise of Skywalker and her treatment of Hayden, I hope that Disney considers putting Filoni in charge of the whole Star Wars shooting match.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post: