View Single Post
Old 03-25-2020, 11:10 AM   #36
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
So my diary entry, please guys let me know if you want me to stop.

Time spent today 3 hours

Applications today 6.

Overall applications 27 rejections 2 interviews 0, reach outs 0.

Not great results but I was let go on Thursday and started Friday, so this is 4 days as I'm not doing activities on weekends.

Strategic changes

I'm applying outside of my normal skills sets in terms of looking at terminology like Client engagement managers, client success managers, stretching a bit in terms of higher management roles. Searching based on technologies.

I've come to the realization that this stretch is necessary as I'm laying a foundation to be able to make choices as things go forward.

Outright refusals to apply

Jobs based around pure commissioning or bonuses, my 30 years of experience has value, I am willing to take a haircut to prove myself, but I won't do uncertainty.

Point of annoyance.

Getting tons of call from Worldcom and other financial planner organizations, or part time roles marketing from my home with no safety net. I'm also getting a ton of scam phishing emails now that I've opened up my linkedin, indeed, ziprecruiter stuff.

Side project - I've had lots of reach out from the other people from the company that I was with asking for guidance and help. So I'm doing a little coaching on the side, and also gleaning some ideas of what they're doing.

That's it, that's all.
Are all those positions you are applying to really matching what you want/are qualified for? Or are you casting a very wide net?
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote