View Single Post
Old 01-06-2018, 07:58 PM   #76
Calgary4LIfe
Franchise Player

Exp:

I thought he was mostly effective in his time, and was surprised to see him actually use some speed on the forecheck. Yeah, I remember he took a really bad hooking penalty, and his hands didn't seem quite as fast in raising the puck, but I thought he was mostly good. I thought him on the Jankowski line made that line incredibly difficult to play against along the boards.

I just think he injured his groin and it just hasn't healed up, and it impacts him. Wish he signed sooner and then it may well have been avoided. I don't think the wheels suddenly fell of a cliff (though of course he is obviously regressing). I just think that not having a training camp and not getting into full game shape probably messed him up this year, and it seems it is likely to put an end to his career.

Glad he signed with the Flames, and I couldn't be happier as a long-time fan of his in getting to watch him in my favorite jersey. I think there was some nights he out-played more than half the roster. I also don't care what people say and what they have as a definition - I think Jagr is a generational talent and the best European player ever in the history of the game.
Calgary4LIfe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Calgary4LIfe For This Useful Post: